The Vault Keeper received this e-mail (even though he doesn’t even go to the school anymore and has unsubscribed many times) and I asked him to send it to me. Check it out:
As we near spring break, I want to update you on the status of our work to clean and disinfect the campus of the norovirus which has caused so many of the community to be sick. Although we have been very aggressive all week in cleaning and re-cleaning all buildings, to date more than 250 members of the College at Florham community have been affected by the norovirus.
During spring break, we will undertake another thorough, comprehensive cleaning of the entire campus, with special emphasis on the residence halls. We ask that you do the following to help us thoroughly sanitize your rooms.
1. Take your bedding and linens home with you and wash them, or wash them in hot water and detergent before you leave.
2. Take your laundry home and wash it before you return.
3. Wash your bath mats and, if possible, clean your personal carpets. If you are unable to clean you personal carpets, roll them up.
4. Remove all your personal items from the bathrooms.
5. Remove as many items as possible from desks, dressers, and chairs, and take your valuables home.
6. Move as many of your personal belongings from the floors, including under beds, as possible.
Beginning this evening, if you develop the viral symptoms â€“ nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea â€“ you should go home if possible. You should call the Health Center at extension 8535 and leave a message so that they have a record of your illness.
The Florham Park Board of Health has told us that students should not return to class for at least 24 hours after they are free of the symptoms. This means that if you are taken ill this evening, spring break will begin before you should return to class.
I will inform the faculty of this policy.
Thank you for your efforts this past week to help us contain the virus that has affected the campus. We want to assure you that during this spring break we will attack the virus to eradicate any trace in preparation for your return.