A lot of Spoilers ahead!
The following review was what I had wanted these reviews to be, my free running thoughts taken down as I watched the movie.
My thoughts on the movie changed as the film progressed.
I’m hoping to write more like this.
Off the top of my head:
- Didn’t watch Dora until Presley and Miles
- All the callbacks to the show made me laugh
- Isabela Moner as an older Dora was a good choice
- Not for me and I don’t think Miles liked it
- Goofy awkward fish out of water moments felt unnecessary
- Who were those meant for?
- This got 84% on rotten tomatoes, I guess I should give it a shot
- Eva Longoria?!
- Ok, the kids were just kidnapped, this might get better
- “Why didn’t I take mandarin?” (while everyone was speaking Spanish)
- Movie gets better once kids are in jungle but there are still silly moments
- Bet the “old friend” is a bad guy
- Poo song made me laugh
- Paused at 45 minutes and there is still so much more of the movie left
- Some of this is meant for adults
- When they breathe in the spores of the odd flower. Now this is getting amusing
- I really want to see Indiana Jones now
- Called it with the bad guy
- Boots can talk?!
- Wish the whole movie was treated like the last twenty minutes – taking things a bit more seriously
- Ending was clearly inspired by Indiana Jones and the last crusade
- Benicio Del Toro was the voice of swiped?!
- Miles got into it more as the movie progressed (like his dad) but ultimately said he liked the cartoon better
2.5 out of 4 stars
2.5 because it got better towards the end.
Have you seen it? What did you think?
Leave a comment below! Let us know what you thought!