There may be spoilers ahead.
Released: June 21, 2002
Where was I: Just out of my sophomore year of college. Home, probably working somewhere. The years all blur together for me. Maybe my foray into Staples. Didn’t see this in theaters, I remember watching it in my dorm room with Melissa. Loved it then.
On one of our many trips to South Jersey (where Melissa is from) I specifically remember seeing it on sale at Columbus Farmers Market and almost buying it.
Off the top of my head:
- Great story, still holds up
- Sisters struggling with each other and how something comes into their lives and disrupts them for the better bringing them closer
- Still makes me laugh
- Stitch is one of my favorite Disney creations
- The animation/drawing style is so unique
- I know they made a direct to home video and a series but I wish they gave this a true sequel
- I hate that I’m saying this but they should make a good live action movie of this
- Just don’t make Stitch an ugly alien. I would say he should look very similar to how his cartoon version is
- I love how captivating this story is. Miles and Aubrey were all eyes on this from the moment the Disney logo appears and an alien ship flies where Tinkerbell usually is
- ‘Lilo & Stitch’ came out during, what is now called, the Post Renaissance Era of Disney animated movies (2000 – 2009).
- Great seeing this movie from the perspective of my kids
3.75 out of 4 stars
I’m not giving out 4 out of 4, I’ll save that for something tremendous. But this movie hits the spot for me, some nostalgic spot and a “watching with my kids” spot.
Have you seen it? What did you think?
Leave a comment below! Let us know what you thought!