New Year, new resolutions! Sort of…
After looking back at last years resolutions and realizing that I had touch upon pretty much all of them, I think 2014 will be the year that I take things up a notch. I will be turning 32 and I might as well go balls to the wall with a bunch of these.
With that said, here are my 2014 New Years Resolutions:
- Loose weight and get in shape-so last year I did loose a lot of weight, only to get side tracked with the holidays and gain a bunch (not all) back. This year I want to go hard at loosing weight. I am at about 215 right now (my best this year was 205 lbs) and ideally I’d like to be at 190 but I also want to build muscle. I’m not talking body builder, I’m just talking healthy. I’m pretty sure I can do it. If anything, loosing weight and working out builds confidence, I’m not going to lie about that. Every day that I worked out last year I felt not only better about myself but seeing results made me confident that I can do pretty much anything.
- Eat Healthier– with loosing weight and getting in shape I really want to eat better. There was a point when I was loosing weight that I was really conscious of what I was eating, and again, these holidays creep up on you. Not just from Thanksgiving, but from all the way in October on Halloween, its like a two month long shove-my-face fest. But it felt good to be aware of what I was eating and usually when you work out you mind what you eat as well. I’m hoping this goes hand in hand with working out and that I can do both this entire year.
- Jog More– One thing I didn’t realize I enjoyed as much as I do is jogging, not so much outside but in the gym on a treadmill (sadly, I haven’t worked myself up to jogging outside just yet, but maybe moving forward in the year I can start doing that). It gives me such a rush and I know it could really be considered under the Loosing Weight resolution, but I feel as if Jogging More should be on its own category.
- Write more– Last year I simply wrote write more, this year I want to specify even more in depth, I want to write more screenplays along with more blogs. With that said, I do want to do a little bit of maneuvering with the blog and turn it into its own website and hopefully I find time to do just that in the new year. Simply put, I just want to write more, a lot more.
- More surprises: Last year I wrote that I wanted to “Give Melissa more surprises” and I not only want to continue to do that, but I also want to surprise myself a lot more. I want to be more confident with a lot of things and I want us both to surprise ourselves with what we do in the upcoming year.
- More walks with Melissa and the girls (Cassie and Chloe): If there is one thing I wish we did a lot more of this summer was go on walks with our Goldens. Work got in the way of that last year and this year I’m not going to allow that to be my excuse. If the temperature was better I would totally go for a walk right now with them.
- Hanging out with Peanut– Sometimes I feel like I forget about Peanut. I don’t at all, but usually I bring up the girls a lot more than I do our rabbit, but I want to hang out with him a lot more in 2014. Rub his head a bit more, spend some time with the little guy.
- Work on more film projects (in varying roles): I am always hoping to be able to help any of my friends, in various roles, on set or even in pre/post-production. Here’s hoping for a very film filled 2014!
- Stop being lazy– if there is one thing that I feel I can be a lot more than I would like to admit its being lazy. Not like a couch potato lazy, but not completing things, or not fully completing things, usually making excuses for not doing something and I want that to end. I don’t want to keep making excuses in 2014. It either gets done or it doesn’t. Enough said!
Off the top of my head, that’s all I’ve got, if anything pops into my head, I’ll post it.
Have a great New Years and if you have any New Years Resolutions of your own, post them below!