R.I.P. Chevys in Parsippany

Cos

Found out about this a few hours after it apparently happened, but the Chevys Fresh Mex that has been on Rt. 10 in Parsippany since at least 1999 (I remember because my parents and I went to L.A. and ate at one in the summer of 99. Later we found it about a month later, so that’s how I know how long it’s been there) went up in flames. Crazy! I’m really crazing the Chevys salsa right now…so sad…

https://i0.wp.com/imageshack.us/m/535/6839/chevys1.jpg?w=747

Here is an article with some pics from The Daily Record:

Fire at Chevys restaurant in Parsippany

7:59 PM, May. 12, 2011

PARSIPPANY — — Authorities said a blaze that severely damaged the Chevys restaurant and injured a firefighter Thursday morning was sparked by the ignition of grease in a ceiling duct.The fire was reported by a motorist who saw flames shooting through the restaurant’s roof at about 8:45 a.m. Dozens of firefighters responded to the restaurant, which is located at the intersection of routes 10 and 202, and brought the fire under control by 10:30 a.m.

You can view the rest of the article and the pictures at: The Daily Record

https://i1.wp.com/img231.imageshack.us/img231/97/chevys.jpg?w=747

https://i0.wp.com/imageshack.us/m/594/1792/chevys3.jpg?w=747

https://i2.wp.com/imageshack.us/m/594/603/chevys2.jpg?w=747

 

Leave a Reply